1. A2F Consulting, LLC (also referred to below as “we”, “us”, and “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, and share information gathered in connection with your completion of any survey, focus group, interview, study, or other activity designed to collect information that is conducted by A2F Consulting, LLC (collectively, “Surveys”). By responding to one of these Surveys, you agree to the use of such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
2. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
2. Information Collection
1. We may collect personal information about you that you provide as part of completing a Survey such as:
- Home address
- Home telephone number
- Date of birth
- Any other information about you that is relevant to the survey
2. Personal information that is collected from you as part of a Survey may include sensitive personal information (i.e., racial or ethnic origin; immigration or citizenship status; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; genetic or biometric data for identification purposes; precise geolocation; political opinions; medical or health conditions). We will obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information where required by law.
3. Information Use
1. We use your personal information that we collect in connection with a Survey for the purposes described in the Survey, or where we have a legitimate business interest in or other legal basis for, such collection and use. The personal information you submit to us may be used to verify your identity when you access a Survey, manage our relationship with you, including any of your requests, or to customize or improve our Surveys.
2. Data anonymization techniques will be used for the creation of all data which will be available for public use. Sensitive data often have other important legitimate uses in addition to the original research question for which they were collected. For example, researchers might be interested in surveys from developing countries for policy research. Data anonymization helps address the competing demands of transparency for the data and the protection of privacy for individuals and is a key step in preparing data for secondary use. Any personal information that we have about you may be de-identified and maintained and used by us without re-identifying such information. Such de-identified information is not subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
3. We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Survey Data to carry out market research and statistical research. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
1. Personal information may also be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal, regulatory, or national security obligations or requests.
2. All of these disclosures may involve the transfer of personal information to countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence.
3. By responding to a Survey, you are consenting to the disclosures described above.
4. Any personal information that we have referenced above under “Information collection” may be disclosed to the third parties identified in this section for the purposes set forth herein.
5. Selling of Information
1. We do not sell personal information about you that is collected in connection with a Survey.
6. Information Retention
1. We retain personal information as reasonably necessary for the duration of the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. Notwithstanding the duration of the purposes, we may retain your information if necessary to comply with our legal or professional obligations, enforce our agreements, or resolve disputes.
7. Data Security
1. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, and contractors who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
2. Data will be encrypted with proper authentication for storage and transmission to prevent unauthorized use. The authentication will include passwords and a two-step verification which involves first entering a password and then using a contact method such as an email address, phone number, and/or authentication app. This extra layer of security will prevent an unauthorized party from accessing the data. In addition, password creation will follow a strict rule to ensure its strength, and the computers used will all have comprehensive security software installed and updated to protect the data from malware.
3. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
1. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
2. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
3. We retain Survey Data which is personal data for no longer than six months after we have completed any quality control checks. We retain anonymized Survey Data for 2 years.
4. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see request erasure below for further information.
5. We may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request rectification of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights with respect to your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy in connection with a Survey, please contact us at email@example.com